The easiest way to get the needed packages and it's dependencies is to uncomment the main repositories for APT. If you're using Adept:
- Open Adept
- Adept -> Manage Repositories
- Enable the lines starting with
"deb http://at.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu" and
- Click "Apply" "Close" and then choose "Fetch Updates"
- Use the filter to find the packages
- There is no Helix binary available for (K)ubuntu, you have to compile from source with a Real or Helix player installed.
- Download and install MAD
- Then rebuild and -install libtunepimp:
apt-build --reinstall install libtunepimp2 apt-get install libtunepimp2 libtunepimp-bin